Baggott speaks at universities, conferences, panels, as keynote. Her talks on creative efficiency reach across disciplines, fields, and business models.
This novel is the prequel to the film Mr. Magorium’s Wonder Emporium, starring Dustin Hoffman, Natalie Portman, and Jason Bateman.
- People Magazine Summer Reading Pick
- Washington Post Book of the Week
- Girls Life Top Ten
- Booksense Selection
- “Potter-style magic meets Snicket-y irreverence …”
— People Magazine
- “… a laugh-and-cry novel … equal portions of heartache and hope.”
— Associated Press
- “… a parade of memorable women keep pages turning…”
— Publishers Weekly
Bridget Asher Books
Bridget Asher is the author of three novels published by Random House with dozens of overseas editions.
Baggott’s essays have appeared in The New York Times, Washington Post, Boston Globe, and read on NPR’s Talk of the Nation, All Things Considered.
Under pen N.E. Bode, Baggott has written five novels for readers aged 8-13, most notably The Anybodies Trilogy.
Click here for various purchase links to books of Baggott, Asher and Bode.
The Bloomed Life of Harriet Wolf
This novel is in the works … No publication date or cover as of yet…
- A Best Book of 2006
- “… terrifically engaging.”
— Entertainment Weekly
- “… sure to be the most insightful and intelligently written novel you’ve read in quite some time.”
- “Beautifully rendered…”
— Elizabeth Strout, winner of the Pulitzer Prize
— The Washington Post Book World
- “… Baggott enjoys living on the knife edge between hilarity and heartbreak and that makes her a writer after my own heart.”
— Richard Russo
Julianna Baggott Novels
Julianna Baggott has published four adult literary novels under her own name, including National Bestseller Girl Talk and Which Brings Me to You, co-written with Steve Almond, a Kirkus Best Book of the Year.
Baggott has published three collections of poetry with work appearing in Best American Poetry, Poetry, American Poetry Review, read on NPR’s Talk of the Nation.
Novels for Ages 8-13
Under her own name and as N.E. Bode, Baggott has published seven novels for younger readers, including award-winners.
- “Fantasy aficionados will gobble up this fast-paced tale … a stepping-stone between Spiderwick and Harry Potter.”
— Kirkus Reviews
- A New York Times Notable Book of the Year
- ALA Alex Award Winner
- In development with Fox 2000
- “You will be swept away.”
— Justin Cronin
The Pure Trilogy launched Baggott’s work into a blur of genres including thrillers, world-building, sci-fi fantasy, dystopian, and poetic post-apocalyptic.